Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Losing Hope

Jonah said:

‘When I had LOST ALL HOPE, I turned my thoughts once more to the Lord.” (Jonah 2:7a, Living Bible)

Jeremiah said:

“I cry out, ‘My splendor is gone! EVERYTHING I HAD HOPED FOR FROM THE LORD IS LOST!’

The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss.

YET I STILL DARE TO HOPE WHEN I REMEMBER THIS:

The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “THE LORD IS MY INHERITANCE; THEREFORE, I WILL HOPE IN HIM!” (Lamentations 3:18-24, NLT)

Paul said:

“I pray that GOD, THE SOURCE OF HOPE, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you WILL OVERFLOW WITH CONFIDENT HOPE through the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13, NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment